Cream of Tomato Basil Soup
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 4 cups Onion
- ¾ cup Basil
- 1 tbsp Garlic
- 4 cups Heavy Cream 40% fat
- 3 cups Crushed Tomato
- 3 tsp Granulated Onion
- 1 tsp Tarragon
- ½ tsp White Pepper
- 1 tsp Celery Salt
- 4 Bay Leaves
- ½ tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flake
- 1½ tsp Vinegar
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- If using fresh Tomato, Use 1 cup more than canned Tomato.
Gather all ingredients
- Dice onion, Basil, and garlic. Place into separate containers, and set aside.
- Measure out heavy cream and diced/crushed canned Tomatoes.
- Place one and a half teaspoons olive oil into soup pot, and place on high heat.
- After oil is heated up, sauté onion until transparent/caramelized. Making sure not to burn onion.
- Add Basil, garlic, and salt and pepper. Add one half tablespoon of Olive oil if dry.
- Sauté for two minutes on medium heat.
- Add heavy cream and pinch of salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat.
- Add Tomatoes, bring back to a simmer over medium-high heat.
- Add spices and turn heat down to medium-low.
- Add 1 & 1/2 tablespoons of white distilled vinegar. Add salt and pepper to preferred taste.
- Garnish with crouton or crostini & Parmesan Cheese