Cream of Mushroom
- 4 tsp Butter
- 1 Diced White Onion 3 cups thinly diced
- 2 tsp Garlic chopped
- 4½ lbs Mushrooms pre-sliced
- ½ Gal Heavy Cream
- 2 cups Chicken Stock
- ¾ cup Marsala Wine sweet
- 1 tsp Granulated Onion
- ½ tsp Celery Salt
- 1 tsp Tarragon
- 6 Bay Leaves
- Splash White Vinegar
- Melt butter on low. Add onions to butter and sauté at med-high heat until translucent.
- Once onions are translucent, add garlic and mushrooms, and light salt and pepper. Maintain med-high heat, and let mixture
- Cook down. Add salt and pepper. as needed. (Mushrooms will release lots of liquid.)
- Put cream into a second pot, and heat. Add chicken stock and herbs to cream, then bring to a boil.
- Add Marsala to mushrooms. Bring marsala and mushrooms to a boil, then reduce to half of original volume.
- Once reduced, add chicken stock and cream to mushrooms. Bring back to a boil. Make sure anything on sides of pot goes back into soup.
- Reduce to desired thickness (approx. 5 min). Salt and pepper to taste. Add splash of vinegar.
- Garnish with parmesan