Baked Potato Soup
- 6 cups Mashed Potato
- 1½ cups White Onion Diced small, for sauté
- ½ cup Green Onion Diced small, for garnish
- ½ cup Bacon Baked at 350°, for garnish. KEEP FAT.
- 6½ cups Cream 40% fat
- ½ cup Chicken Stock
- 1 tsp Granulated Onion
- 1 tsp White Pepper
- 1 tsp Celery Salt
- Salt & Pepper taste 1/2 tsp kosher salt, 4 turns Ground Pepper
- For Potatoes: Lightly mash Yukon gold potatoes (with peel), with butter until chunky. Use wooden spoon.
- Cook Bacon on a pan covered in parchment paper in the oven at 350° until crispy.
- When done, wrap in paper and set it on a plate to degrease. Once most of grease has been soaked up by paper, dice roughly.
- Add half cup Bacon fat to large pan, sauté white onions.
- In a separate pan, add cream & chicken stock, and bring to simmer. Add potatoes to each pan, again making sure not to mash excessively.
- Combine pans and bring to a rolling boil.
- Garnish with parmesan, Bacon bits, and green onion cheddar & sour cream IF DESIRED.